Lead Software Developer C# SQL – £32-38k
Thyngs are on the look-out for an A-game Software Developer to join our growing team. Join us at the early stages of the Thyngs journey and help shape the future of the business.
As Lead Developer, you will take a key role in developing the Thyngs SaaS platform. You will work with a small team of developers, to design and build new features which will improve management and analytics for millions of Thyngs interactions.
You will work closely with the CTO to continuously improve the effectiveness of the team, ensuring best practices are implemented across the development cycle.
You will take a lead role in ensuring platform availability, speed and reliability is maintained.
You will lead the team through an end-to-end sprint based development cycle, guiding all aspects of development, and influencing the future of the platform and its technology.
- Reviewing new technologies for use in the Thyngs platform
- Prototyping new capabilities ahead of production
- Maintaining and improving systems infrastructure
- Building new features and capabilities
- Maintaining an effective code review, commit, and QA process
- Leading team ‘stand ups’ each morning
- Technical decision making
- Teams overall knowledge and understanding of the technology
- Platform availability, speed and reliability
- Maintainability of the code base
- Lead time to turn an idea into released, customer ready software
- Accurate reporting of team’s progress in task management tool
- The number of issues in production environment
The ideal candidate would be a great team worker with the ability to motivate and coach others on best practice use of the technology stack.
Candidates should be proficient with several of the following to make the most of this opportunity:
- MSSQL DB
- Cloud hosting, preferably Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- OOD and SOLID principles
- Net MVC
- C Sharp / C#
- Entity Framework, LINQ
Experience with the following would also be advantageous, though not essential
- HTML, CSS
- Android & iOS development
- Push notifications, NFC and Beacons
- Visual Studio Team Services / Team Foundation Server
This is a rare opportunity to join an ambitious software company during its early stages. If you are looking for a role with uncapped potential then apply below with your CV.